1) Junior Political Researcher - 1st Standing Committee on Political and Security-related Cooperation
2)Junior Political Researcher - 2nd Standing Committee on Economic, Social and Environmental Cooperation
3)Junior Political Researcher - 3rd Standing Committee on Dialogue among Civilizations and Human Rights
The Parliamentary Assembly of the Mediterranean (PAM) is an international organization of 34 member and associate countries of the Euro-Mediterranean and Gulf regions. The main objective of PAM is to forge political, economic and social cooperation among the member states in order to find common solutions to the challenges facing the region, and to foster peace and prosperity for the Mediterranean peoples. PAM is the center of excellence for regional parliamentary diplomacy, and a unique forum of discussion among its member states, which are represented on equal footing.
The staff of the Secretariat assists the PAM President, the PAM Bureau, all members and the Secretary General in the execution of their mandate and is responsible for the follow-up on the decisions taken by the Assembly providing coordination, assistance and support to the work of the three Standing Committees (SC) and all other bodies established under PAM. PAM has recently established a new regional office in Naples, Italy and here wishes to welcome a number of selected interns.
PAM is looking to identify an Intern ? Junior Political Researcher, for a period from 3 to 12 months to support the work of the PAM 1st SC on Political and Security-related Cooperation at the PAM regional office in Naples.
Under the supervision of the Program officer in charge of the 1st SC, the intern will:
- Conduct research and reference searches on counter-terrorism and political developments in the Euro-Mediterranean region.
PARLIAMENTARY ASSEMBLY OF THE MEDITERRANEAN
ASSEMBLEE PARLEMENTAIRE DE LA MEDITERRANEE
الجمعية البرلمانية للبحر الأبي ض المتوس ط
- Support the Program Officer in the preparation of speeches, reports, press releases and various research projects, related to the above-mentioned topics.
- Support the Program Officer in preparing briefing notes and presentations for PAM Members of Delegations, and in particular for the President of the 1st SC, and the Chair of the Special Parliamentary Committee on Counterterrorism.
- Provide organizational, administrative and logistical support to the implementation of activities of the 1st SC.
- Undertake other assignments as required.